Submitted by Karen Reardon
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 6 oz. butter
- ¾ c sugar
- 4 large apples (I like Ambrosia but tart granny smith recommended)
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Dusting 2 tbsp. sugar
- Custard (I cheat and use PC canned Devon Custard)
- Set oven to 350 F
- Grease and flour 8 or 9 inch spring form pan.
- Sift flour and spices.
- Cut in butter
- Add sugar
- Peel apples, slice evenly and cut into 3s
- Toss in flour
- Beat eggs into milk then add to flour and mix just to combine.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan and flatten.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in oven for 45 to 50 min
- Remove from pan and cool slightly best if served warm.
Serve with warmed custard on side. A shot of Jameson added to custard is allowed 😉